Wednesday, May 9, 2018

We Love Lists: Books I Want to Read by the Pool This Summer


It's that time of year again where we all start thinking about the books we want to read at the beach or, in my case, by the pool. Normally, I'm all about reading urban fantasy by the water but this year I'm really feeling the itch to read some contemporary books. And I have a ton of unread ones on my bookshelves and my kindle that will be perfect pool side reads! Here are the books I want to get to while on vacation this summer.

 
Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi

The main characters in this book are said to have had the most awkward meet cute ever. Also, they get to know one another via text message and I am here for it! It just sounds like a YA romance that is super applicable to today.

 
American Panda by Gloria Chao

The main character is Taiwanese-American and her parents want her to become a doctor. The problem is that she's a germaphobe. I'm totally here for the family dynamics in this one! I also hear that the romance is adorable.

 
From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon

I adored Menon's When Dimple Met Rishi last year so it just makes sense to read her sophomore novel. The main character is a female filmmaker and I'm kind of getting You've Got Mail vibes from the synopsis. The story is told through letters, emails, and journals entries and I'm always down for that kind of narrative. I can't wait for it to hit my kindle at the end of the month.

 
Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett

I adore Jenn Bennett's books but I'm so excited for her enemies-to-lovers/lost in wilderness romance! I really don't know more than that about it but it's all I need to know.

 
Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli

I'm so excited to read this book! I wanted to know more about Leah while I was reading Simon vs and now I get too! I'm also really excited for my faves to make their reappearances in this book!

 
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

I've been meaning to read this book for years now but just haven't gotten to it even though I've owned it for years. I haven't read many books with an office romance so I'm intrigued to read it. I'm also intrigued by a romance where the IT main character falls for the love interest before they even meet by reading her email attachments. It's just so unique and sounds right up my alley!

 
Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde

Thanks to Geekerella, I'm on the look out for more romances that take place at conventions and this one just sounds awesome! It goes for the double whammy with two love stories and one of them is a F/F romance and I need more of those in my life!

 
Roomies by Christina Lauren

I've only read one book by the writing duo, Christina Lauren, and that was Autoboyography. I loved it so when I was going through their other books for what to read next this one caught my eye. It features a marriage of convenience and Broadway. I'm super intrigued about that combination and can't wait to read it.

 
Small Change by Roan Parrish

I read and adored Roan Parrish's The Remaking of Corbin Wale last year and my friend, Meghan, assures me that this is the next book by her I need to read. The romance is between a female tattoo artist and a male coffee shop owner. Plus, the second book is a M/M romance and you all know how much I adore those!

 Royals by Rachel Hawkins

I haven't caught the Royal Wedding Fever yet but I will say that this book sounds hella fun! I was sold from the moment Rachel Hawkins said she wrote a book about a Scottish Royal Family and the American one marrying into it. I just heard lots of good things about it.
Check out Gretl's review.

What books do you want to read by the pool this summer?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...