Thursday, April 27, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday (on Thursday) Authors We Want to Read More From

Top 5 Wednesday is a group of bloggers, booktubers and bookstagrammers posting on a common topic every (you guessed it) Wednesday. You can find the lists by searching #T5W or Top 5 Wednesday. And you can join the group on Goodreads if you want to participate.



This week's topic is:
Authors You Want to Read More From

Rose Red's Top 5

5. Becky Chambers
Becky Chambers's debut novel, The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet, immediately became an all-time favorite as soon as I finished it. I can't wait to see what she writes next!

4. Jenn Bennett
 I have loved everything that Jenn Bennett has ever written. They are some of my most prized books in my collection. I just need more of her books to read whether they're her urban fantasies, her historical paranormal romances, or her YA contemporaries! She's well-earned her place on my auto-buy list.

3. Brian Selznick
 I absolutely adored Brian Selzick's The Marvels and The Invention of Hugo Cabret! I know his books take time since he does all the illustrations himself but I want more of his books! I only have Wonderstruck left to hold me over until he releases something else.

2. Tara Sim
 It's very rare that a debut author will make it onto my auto-buy list. Tara Sim is one of those rare few. I am completely enamored with her Timekeeper book! I love everything about it from the mythology to the world to the characters. I am eagerly waiting for her next book.

1. Ashley Poston
My nerdy little heart couldn't help but love Ashley Poston's modern Cinderella retelling, Geekerella. I loved it so much that I really want Poston to modernize other fairy tale classics like Beauty and the Beast, Rapunzel, or Sleeping Beauty. Also, bonus points if they were obscure fairy tales like Donkeyskin.

Gretl's Top 5

5. Amanda Bouchet
Though I enjoyed the first book in Bouchet's Kingmaker Chronicles more than the second, I'm really looking forward to more fantasy romance from her. High fantasy can be too much for me, but she has a way of infusing enough familiar elements to make it relatable.

4. K.C. Alexander
You might have seen us mention how much we love Karina Cooper here on the blog. She's writing SF and cyberpunk under a new name now. I loved last year's Necrotech and can't wait for more.

3. Emily Skrutskie
Her first two books, The Abyss Surrounds Us and The Edge of the Abyss, feature girl pirates and sea monsters in an alternate world. I hear she's writing a book set in space next.

2. Chelsea Mueller
Her debut novel, Borrowed Souls, features a unique, and really cool, magic system. I'm excited to learn more about soul magic and to see what else she has in store. (Watch for Rose Red's review of Borrowed Souls on the blog next week.)

1. Ann Aguirre
This one's not a case of the author needing to write more so much as my needing to read it. There's a whole YA series, Razorland, and a SF series, Sirantha Jax, that I've had on my wish list for years. But I loved The Leopard King and The Demon Prince so what I really want is more PNR from Aguirre.

Which authors do you want to read more from?


and

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...