Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Favorite LGBTQ+ Reads

Top 5 Wednesday is a group of bloggers, booktubers and bookstagrammers posting on a common topic every (you guessed it) Wednesday. You can find the lists by searching #T5W or Top 5 Wednesday. And you can join the group on Goodreads if you want to participate.



This week's topic is:  Favorite LGBTQ+ Reads
This could include books that feature LGBTQ+ characters or are by LGBTQ+ authors.



5.The Captive Prince Trilogy by C.S. Pacat
I binge read this trilogy last after seeing several of my favorite authors and book bloggers gushing about it. I was a little on the fence when I finished book one but I ended up loving the series by the time I was done. I'll ship Damen and Laurent forever!



4. The Marvels by Brian Selznick
 This book was one of those books I picked up on a whim at the library last year that I ended up adoring! I don't want to say much about it because I don't want to spoil it. It was a very subtle LGBTQ+ book that was all the more powerful because of it.

27213224

3. Breath of Earth by Beth Cato
Okay, so the main character is not LGBTQ in this one. But the trans character is not only a scene stealer, but an integral part of the heroine learning to be herself. Breath of Earth also has airships, unique magic and a fascinating alt-history.


2. The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie
The f/f romance is a pretty minor part of the plot but it plays in to the overall girl power vibe, which I loved. Though I'll admit I loved the pirates and sea monsters too.


1. Timekeeper by Tara Sim
Timekeeper was one of my favorite books of last year and it has the distinction of the book I gave away the most as Christmas presents. There's magical clock towers, a grumpy gay clock mechanic, and a ray-of-sunshine clock spirit! The worldbuilding and the characters are amazing! I'm going to be pushing this book for the foreseeable future.

What are your favorite LGBTQ+ reads?


and




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...