Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (79)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. So here's this week's WOW pick:


I adore Rick Riordan's books! I fell in love with Percy Jackson in an airport when I was traveling for a grad school interview across the country. I had forgotten my book at home and The Lightning Thief was the only book that caught my attention in the airport bookstore. I bought and devoured it on my flight. On my next layover, I bought the next book and proceeded to devour it over the next leg of my trip. I bought the next two books for my return trip and by the end of that trip Rick Riordan had earned a spot on my autobuy list. I've bought and devoured every one of his books since then and I fall a little more in love with them with each one. That being said, as much as I love his new Norse mythology series, I'm so excited to return to the world of Percy Jackson with this new series! I can't wait to see my darlings again from the eyes of a demoted Apollo! I need this book in my hands!



The Hidden Oracle
(The Trials of Apollo #1)
Rick Riordan
Release: May 3, 2016
Goodreads Amazon
How do you punish an immortal?

By making him human.

After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disorientated, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus's favour.

But Apollo has many enemies - gods, monsters and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go . . . an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood.
What book are you waiting on?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...