Monday, November 23, 2015

Read This F@!%ing Book (51)

Welcome to a feature I'm going to post on Mondays called:
Read This F@!%ing Book!
This is a feature for me to push my favorite reads that just aren't getting enough attention! 
I'm also opening it up to anyone who would like to guest post. Do you have a book that you just LURVED but feel like its not getting the play it deserves? Email me to let me know and I'd be THRILLED to have you post about it here! Especially if its something I haven't reviewed yet - that's even better (but not necessary)! If you're interested email me: 
Goldilox3weres@hotmail.com

 This week's post comes from our very own: 
Rose Red!

Read This F@!%ing Book Post 51: The Guild Hunter Series by Nalini Singh
 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6582637-archangel-s-kiss https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7307503-archangel-s-consort
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8074967-archangel-s-blade https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13542928-archangel-s-storm
 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15808767-archangel-s-legion https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17409835-archangel-s-shadows https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17409842-archangel-s-enigma
  
(Click book cover to go to Goodreads page)

2015 is going to be known as the year where I became obsessed with Nalini Singh and every book she's ever written. Back in June I binge read all fourteen of the Psy-Changeling books plus novellas and short stories in less than two weeks and loved them! I knew she had written another paranormal series but I was hesitant to start the Guild Hunter books. Why was I hesitant? I had never read an angel book I liked. I should have known better. I was hooked as soon as I started book one. Then I proceeded to binge all eight books and novellas in less than a week. Now that I've finished them, all I want to do is reread them again.

The World Is Ours... But It's Not.
Guys! I'm in love with Nalini Singh's worldbuilding! She has crafted it in such a way that I could see angels and vampires living in our world today. Imagine looking out your window and seeing an angel flying home! I loved the concept! What I loved even more was that she paired two paranormal creatures together that normally don't get paired together! Vampires and Angels is a weird combination but it works SO well in these books!

The Characters Are Awesome!
One of my favorite things about Nalini Singh's books are the characters and how each series has an ensemble cast. Unlike the Psy-Changeling books that have a different main couple each book, the first few books center on Elena and Raphael before branching out to other characters and it's fascinating. Elena is a badass Guild Hunter (aka vampire hunter) while Raphael is a scary son of a gun Archangel. And while I love them both a lot, I love the secondary characters just as much. Raphael's Seven and Elena's Guild Hunter friends are fascinating! Some of them I wasn't sure about (Ahem... Dmitri.) but by the time I put the last book down I loved them all. They're all so unique but they all have an underlying vein of fierce loyalty that it makes it easy to take them all into your heart. I'm just going to sit here impatiently waiting for Illium and Aodhan's books.

I'm Going To Stop Here.
I'm not going to say anymore besides GO READ THESE BOOKS! I'll start gushing and rambling about things and I don't want to spoil you all for the awesome that is this series. Seriously. Go pick up these books if you haven't already. And after that go pick up the Psy-Changeling books if you haven't read them. Trust me. You'll thank me later. Seriously, these books are some of those books that I'm going to want to read over and over again as the years go by. I am thoroughly besotted with both of these series and their characters.

Have you read theses books?
Did we persuade you to add them to your TBR mountain?
Let us know in the comments below!
 

7 comments:

  1. I love this series. I think they just keep getting better and better. Naasir and Andi are my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ZOMG! NAASIR IS THE BEST! I love him so much! And Andi is awesome too! I really like them together! I also really like Ashwini and Janvier together. :)

      Delete
  2. What show was it with the "told you so" dance? ;)

    Seriously though, I'm not a fan of angels either. This series is my exception to the rule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know there was such a thing as an I told you so dance.

      But you were right and I bow to your genius. I was dumb not picking this series up sooner.

      Delete
    2. This is it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ujANeiNYHU8

      Delete
  3. This series is next on my audio binge. I'm listening to the Psy-Changelings right now. I already have the first 3 Guild Hunters on my phone. Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Psy-Changeling books! I've not listened to the audio though. Are they good?

      I can't wait for you to start the Guild Hunter books! They're perfect for an audio binge!

      Delete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...