Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (7) - Blood on the Bayou



Waiting on Wednesday is a feature hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine that shares the upcoming releases we bloggers are on the edge of our seats about!




by Stacey Jay
Release date: March 27, 2012

(Synopsis from Goodreads)

The second book in a new urban fantasy series featuring mosquito-sized fairies with poisonous bites that drive humans insane.

It's only been three weeks since Annabelle helped solve the murder of Grace Beauchamp, and in the process, she discovered a secret world of invisible, magic-working people who have decided she might have what it takes to join their ranks.

As best as she can determine, Annabelle’s attack by a group of fairies has infected her with paranormal ability she did not previously possess, including being able to mentally move objects and heal wounds. Her new abilities appear to have few negative side effects, aside from creepy dreams. But would that change if she stopped injecting herself with the mystery drug delivered to her by the even more mysterious Tucker, one of the Invisibles? Leery of trusting criminals with her health, Annabelle wishes she had someone she could talk to about the changes in her life. Enter Hitch, FBI agent and Annabelle’s ex, who’s back in Donaldsonville on an off-the-books investigation. Hitch suspects that there’s a government-funded illegal lab that’s developing a controversial fairy-killing spray that could adversely affect the existence of every living thing in the delta—including humans. And Hitch and Annabelle will have to find a way to work together if they're going to find a way to shut it down.


Okay, that is not really the best synopsis I've ever read, but don't let that deter you from checking out this terrific series by Stacey Jay. I loved the first book, Dead on the Delta! This series is a dark, paranormal, urban fantasy. I love me some screwed up heroines who are flawed but lovable and do what's right even though just waking up every morning is a struggle. Throw in this unique idea of poisonous fairies and a few different possible love interests - all sexy - and I'm hooked!

If you aren't familiar with Stacey Jay's other work, let's me enlighten you:



Dead on the Delta (Annabelle Lee, #1)
 The first in the series I'm referring to above (Annabelle Lee #1). 


Juliet Immortal


You Are So Undead to Me (Megan Berry, #1)

SO, I am SUPER excited to say that Ms. Jay will be "stopping by" very soon for an interview and a giveaway of Dead on the Delta! This news just adds to my excitement and anticipation of Blood on the Bayou! All in all, a good week.


What is YOUR WoW pick?

13 comments:

  1. Yet another Series I haven't picked up yet. Too many books to read! Hahaha!

    My WOW
    Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting. I havent read anything by her but Ive heard good things about her books ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this series. Gonna have to check it out. I think I returned your follow but GFC is acting crazy! I will check back later. Thanks for coming by Better Read Than Dead.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one's on my TBR list too! Although I'll have to read the first book in this series before I get around to this one. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Pawing Through Books! I have heard the book Dead on the Delta is good, but haven't read it yet. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really should up this one on my TBR pile, it sounds so cool!! There are so many books to read and so little time :sigh:

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read this book, I really like dead on the delta, but I have so much questions !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I love usually anything UF or PNR so I'll go check out this series. It's the first I hear of it,

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Don't forget to enter my giveaway for an ARC of Legend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started to read "Dead on the Delta" and got distracted. I should go back and finish. I didn't realize the next one was coming so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Woman!! Im impatiently waiting on this one as well we got some time though:( Ima have to do a reread before it comes out too:) Thats a rockin cover!!!

    Here is mine:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your WoW choice it sounds really good. Stacey Jay is a brand new author for me and I'm looking forward to seeing reviews for her work. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone gets stuff on Netgalley....but I'm too young. And I can't face a tonne of pdfs and I don't have kindle yet. You lucky person.
    And seen great things for Dead on the Delta-I must read it soon. IE If I get a Kindle.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I heard of this! Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...