Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rogue (Shifters #2) by Rachel Vincent





"Most aspects of my training didn’t agree with me. There wasn’t as much bossing around as I’d hoped for, and there was way too much following orders."

Faythe has made the deal to stay with the Pride for two and a half years, and in this book we get to see Faythe training to be an enforcer for her father, the Alpha. I liked Faythe in this book much more than in the first of the series, since there was much less whining and much more growing up. I also loved seeing Faythe and Marc together, out on the road doing their job as enforcers. Their relationship is very intense, but has some great bantering moments as well. It will be very interesting to see how the author continues this relationship throughout the series. I am curious what other bumps they will encounter...

In Rogue , Faythe and her Pride are tracking someone who is killing tomcats and someone else who is kidnapping human women. Yes, it all comes together and makes sense in the end, but I felt like maybe this plot could have been streamlined a little better. It was all just a little too convenient in my opinion. In addition, Faythe is getting threatening phone calls from her human ex-boyfriend from college. Of course, she acts like an idiot and makes poor choices when it comes to what to do about these phone calls. OF COURSE she doesn't just tell somebody and get it over with. I said she was GROWING, not that she's done doing it.

We also get a new character toward the end of this book. I'm not sure how I feel about this character yet, or even if this person will be in the rest of the series (although I'm sure they will be in the next book). Maybe I am just feeling a little bit like Faythe is about this person, we'll see. (Sorry to be so cryptic, don't want to spoil anything for anyone!)

I am really enjoying this series so far. I think one of my favorite components of the Shifters series is the development of the Pride itself. I like the way the author has created the werecats, and their biology and limits. I also like the family-like structure of the Pride and the relationships among all of its members.

I am still waiting to give one of these five stars. Hopefully, as I progress through the last four books in the Shifters series, I will be able to do just that!

1 comment:

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...